digital kit: January Storyteller - Collection by Just
Jaimee; digital template: Project
Life Template A; get it FREE here
Top row – left spot:
font: Colagorate-Regular
On Monday evening
Blake, Elisabeth, and I each separately realized Evie looks a lot like her
brother did at this age. I found a photo of him, and we compared them.Yep. They look alike.
Top row – right spot:
font: Geared Slab;
6-photo collage template: Designs by Lili
Peter is a busy boy.
Middle row – first spot:
Text and
embellishments on photo: Rhonna Designs
I took this photo and the one two over with my iPhone. I embellished them on my iPhone and saved them to my Camera Roll before I posted them on Instagram.
Middle row – second spot:
Middle row – third spot:
Text and
embellishments on photo: Rhonna Designs
Middle row – fourth spot:
font: Geared Slab;
“LOVE this” word art Digital Stamps from February
Storyteller Collection by Just
Jaimee
This is my ~favorite~ photo on this page, because my child is holding his child. When I was holding Blake when he was a baby, I never thought about him holding his baby one day. The circle of life goes on, and it warms my heart.
This photo is also my favorite on this page, because this is real
life. The addition of a baby to a family is a gift from God. But life must go on.
In this case, it meant Blake had to continue studying for the Florida Bar Exam
he’ll take later this month. He only needs one hand to type and scroll anyway.
A good thing (I hope) about me going to stay with Blake and
Elisabeth right after Evie’s birth is that I could join them in playing Pass the
Baby. Many hands make light work [Southern expression adopted from the 1300s in
England], unless you’re talking about broth making, in which too many cooks
spoil the broth. I just mixed metaphors. Don't tell my former high school English students.
Bottom row – left spot:
font: Arial; “the LITTLE moments” word art: Penny Springmann; 2-photo collage template: Tracy Larsen
This week, like
last week, I spent a good amount of time staring at Evie. I put her on my lap and my feet on Peter's Brio train track (sorry, Peter), and I just stared. Is it normal to sit and stare at one’s
grandkids? I hope they don’t think I’m weird, but I am observing miracles. Amazing!
Do you think they’ll think I’m weird?
Bottom row – right spot:
My kids' Instagram streams provide lots of good material for my Project Life pages. The sign Conrad photographed on a pole in his neighborhood . . . hahaha!
Next post:
Details about and close-ups from page three of Week Three. Thanks for stopping by! Happy weekend, everyone!






(sorry if this is a duplicate) I have just recently discovered your blog and I.AM.HOOKED on you! Wow - I must take time soon to go back through your Digi PL pages, you rock! I am new to Digi PL this year and I love it! (although I'm already behind - shhhh, don't tell) I'm not sure if you've done this in the past, but I would LOVE to see 'through-the-process' videos as you create PL life pages. I know that's a big undertaking, but if you ever decide to do that, I'll be watching for sure - love watching someone create pages! (like the videos that Cathy Z does sometimes)
ReplyDeleteYou are too sweet, Carla! Thank you!! You will love digi PL; it beats paper any day.
DeleteBeing behind is a matter of opinion. I'm focusing less on what week it is and more on getting memories on pages. (That's my justification for being VERY behind. Any pages we do are better than no pages, right?)
I don't think I'll be doing a video of my process any time soon. I am a *very* slow scrapper, because I keep changing things and tweaking them. Even a speeded-up video of me doing a page would be about the length of the movie Gone with the Wind.
However, a while back I did do a post about my process. It's here: http://365daysofdonna.blogspot.com/2013/10/project-life-2013-week-40.html. (You might need to cut and paste that into your browser.) I hope it helps. Feel free to ask questions if something is not clear.
Thank you so much for the reply Donna! I enjoyed the post you linked me to, it was nice to see your process. I *do* have a question about your journaling.... generally what size font do you use? For example, on this layout, on the 'Enjoy The Smple Things' card, what size did you use? The one layout I've printed so far (several pages done, just not printed) the journaling came out appearing quite large. btw: you and your family are beautiful!
DeleteCarla, the font I used on "Enjoy the Simple Things" is my own handwriting. I usually use it at 10.5, but occasionally at 10. For little labels I use Arial at 9-11. The font size varies with the font (some are naturally larger or smaller) and how I'm using it (like, for a caption or a title). So, that wasn't much help, was it? =) If in doubt, I crop an 8.5x11 section out of my 12x12 page so I can print it on my printer and see the font in real life.
DeleteSee, how awesome you are?..... I've communicated with you twice now and have learned SO much from you already! What a brilliant idea to print out a portion of the 12x12 onto 8.5x11 to see the actual size of the font --- just awesome! (are you going to send me a bill for all of this advice? haha!) Great info on the font sizes, yep mine are set way too large! Thank you SOOO much Donna!
DeleteNot to worry. My free advice is free. =)
DeleteAnother great PL spread, Donna. It's always a joy to stop by your blog and find a new post. You have such a great sense of humor - your caption for the picture of Evie with arm extended made me LOL.
ReplyDeleteI'm working on week 15 now (last week) and the previous week I used one of the pockets for more journaling like you did for "Enjoy the simple things". My version is done in Word, printed out and then embellished with stamping. I liked it! I think I'll do it again.
Week 15, Pat?? You show-off! =) Thanks for your sweet comments. Your reply brought back memories to when I was a paper scrapper. I did titles and journaling and all that in Word, too.
Delete