Here is my two-page spread for Week 16 of my 2015 Project
Life/pocket page album:
main kit used: Raine, the monthly Storyteller for April by
Just Jaimee (If you buy a monthly subscription to these kits, you’ll save about
50% and get a bunch of free goodies.)
Here is a closer look at the left side of Week 15:
And here is a closer look at the right side of Week 15:
Note the upper left
spot where I included four photos related to the wedding mentioned on the left page.
Here is a closer look at those photos:
In my earlier days of digital
scrapbooking I cropped photos before I added them to a page. So, I would have
cropped these four photos before adding them to upper left spot. And if they had ended up being the wrong shape/size to fit, I would have recropped them (while thanking God for prompting me to go digital, which makes cropping and recropping a lot easier).
Then I discovered templates. Oh
happy day! No more painstakingly
cropping and resizing photos repeatedly. It’s all done on the masks on the templates.
My templates files are organized first by the size of the templates, such as 3"x4", 4"x6", 5"x7", 6"x8", etc. Here's how those files look in my ACDSee program:
Then within each of these folders the templates are divided by the number of photos
they hold, such as one-photo templates (1p), two-photo
templates (2p), etc. For example, this shows the subfolders inside the 4x6 folder above:
For the upper left spot on the right page I needed a template for the four
vertical photos shown above. But if I'd used a 4x6 template for four vertical photos, the photos would have ended up very small. So I chose
this four-photo template with two vertical and two horizontal spots, hoping I could crop two of the photos horizontally:
I tried cropping two of the photos horizontally and moving the smaller, horizontal rectangles to the middle of the template. See:
That didn’t work. The proportions of the photos were way off. (Compare
the little people in the top center photo with the
giant baby in the photo on the right.) Also, the photos were out of order. The bottom center photo was the last of the four chronologically.
So, I fiddled [Southern expression] with the template. You can do that! You can drag the sides
in and out as you wish to fit your photos. Here’s the final result:
The size of the people is better, and the photos are in order. There is
even room for journaling.
You might notice the template is no longer symmetrical. My OCDness
sometimes has to bow to reality. All is
not perfectly symmetrical in the real world. Sigh. But I’ve been reworking templates and making them asymmetrical for
a while now with no bad side effects, like high blood pressure or something.
In case you're looking for templates, my favorite template designer is Tracy Larsen. The templates in her
Simply White Collection leave a lot of white space for journaling and/or
embellishments. If you're a physical scrapper, you can make collages and print them as one photo. (In other words, that four-photo collage above could be printed as a 4"x6" photo.)
Thanks for visiting
my blog, and thanks in advance for any comments you leave. Enjoy your life and
record it!
(Some photos are
blurred for privacy.)







The slide pics made me spit take with my coffee. I can't believe they wouldn't let you take one with Evie. LOL
ReplyDeleteI'm not a scrapbooker even though I take plenty of pictures. I love your blog. It makes me almost feel motivated to try. Almost I said. Almost! : )
I'm so bad. I laughed at both of the slide mishaps. I sort of knew (and hoped!) they weren't hurt. I don't know why I think falls are so funny. I laugh at my own falls, too. (The whole family is very clumsy.)
DeleteYou nurture those almost-motivated feelings, Leslie! Any amount of putting photos and stories together will be appreciated in the future. You don't have to make elaborate scrapbooks. Really. =)