Long time no see. Here’s why: I’ve been in family mode.
Since April my three kids who live out of town (make that, out of
STATE) and their families have made a total of seven visits “home.” This has
never happened in one year. More recent visits have included having the out-of-town family
here for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and between Christmas and New Year’s Day, but
not all once.
All the family time didn’t happen here at home. Between the first of
June and the end of September, I was on 15(!) planes, going to see these people
and my newest grandchild (shout-out to Tom!!). And we went to Destin for a month, where one son and
his family joined us for a visit. What a glorious year!
Usually I post about Project Life. Am I going to do it again this year? YES! Well, I’m going to start it anyway. I excel at starting stuff. I stink at finishing.
Besides Project Life, I have more projects in the works. I signed up for Ali
Edwards’ yearly One Little Word workshop/class. I sign up for it every year! And, no, I don’t finish it either.
This is embarrassing to admit, but I’ve never really started a single year.
Nope, not one.
This year will be different all around, she says with confidence!
Why? Because I started bullet journaling. (If you can't succeed at one thing, try doing ten things at the same time.)
I’m a lifelong note- and list-maker. I had them all over my house and my phone. Not anymore. Now they’re all in my nifty bullet journal. This is what will cause me to be more productive this year!! I hope.
I’m a lifelong note- and list-maker. I had them all over my house and my phone. Not anymore. Now they’re all in my nifty bullet journal. This is what will cause me to be more productive this year!! I hope.
If you’re not familiar with bullet journaling, start here. Then check
out “Bullet Journal” on Pinterest and YouTube. On Instagram check
#bulletjournal and #bulletjournalchallenge. I've also found two relevant Facebook groups:
Bullet Journal and Bullet Journal Challenge.
Here’s what I see right now when I search Pinterest for “bullet journal”:
There is so much on this topic on Pinterest. Here is my Pinterest board. Several of the pins above are from Boho Berry, a fantastic bullet
journaler. Here is her blog.
What am I keeping in my bullet journal? Monthly logs, monthly goals, daily logs,
future logs, etc. I also have collections, like holiday ideas and quotes I want to remember.
One page is called Project Attic, where I’m recording my progress in
cleaning out the attic (number of boxes and bags that are GONE and record of time spent). In
November one little corner of the attic might have looked like this:
Scary, huh? And that’s the only "before" picture I took. I couldn’t squeeze between
all the junk up there to get good photos.
All of this might sound confusing and haphazard, but a bullet journal
is very organized through the Table of Contents (tells what's where) and a legend (tells what
the various symbols mean). You can read about those in the links above.
Thanks for stopping by!
Next post: my January OLW pages (I've already done them!!)
PS. Several of my, well, several readers messaged me privately to see if I were still living after I went missing from blog world back in September. I sincerely appreciate that. In this big, ole world, it's always nice to know people care. I blog for myself as a sort of journal. If what I write is helpful or entertaining or whatever to others, that's icing on the cake.
PS. Several of my, well, several readers messaged me privately to see if I were still living after I went missing from blog world back in September. I sincerely appreciate that. In this big, ole world, it's always nice to know people care. I blog for myself as a sort of journal. If what I write is helpful or entertaining or whatever to others, that's icing on the cake.





Nice to see you back and in such a productive mode. I'm glad to hear you spent the better part of 2015 living life and making memories.
ReplyDeleteI did not sign up for OLW this year as I didn't make it past March in 2015. I did select a word and hope that it will help me in 2016. And if I get really ambitious, I can go back to last year's classroom.
I, too, am doing some massive decluttering. I've gotten rid of so much but I think it multiplies when I turn the lights out.
I'll enjoy seeing whatever you post this year and in whatever forma. Best of luck to you in this new year.
Nice to hear from you, Pat! Still making cards?
DeleteI'm really impressed you made it to March in 2015! That's three times what I've ever done, since I've only done this one month.
I think the stuff in our attic is expanding after I take part of it out. We really had stuff crammed in up there. It was awful!!
Happy 2016 to you, too!!