2013-04-29

Project Life 2013 – Week 16 (right side)

Here’s the right side of my two-page spread for Week Sixteen:
This page was made using the Project Life Core Kit – Jade Edition.

If I were brand new to Project Life, I would look at this page and think, Wow! That’s really complicated! But it’s not. It’s just photos, lots of text, and some cards from a Project Life kit. I didn’t add one single thing, like a brush or an overlay, to Week 16. If I can do it, you can do it. What a legacy you’d be leaving for your family!

Last Monday, on the day of the Boston bombings, I referenced this article. The main point was how important it is for our children to have knowledge about their family’s history.

Yesterday during our pastor’s sermon at church, he gave us a little quiz to answer in our minds. One question was, According to research, what’s the one thing that will most help your kids deal with stress? Knowledge of family history was one of the choices. I muttered under my breath that was the answer. Peter looked at me strangely. (Either Peter doesn’t read my blog, or he was surprised I was talking in church?)

Point of this rambling: Do something to record your family history. I’m so thankful I found Project Life, because it’s an easy way to record stuff. Find the form of recording your life and your memories that works best for you, and do it! Frankly, I think it would be hard to beat Project Life, because it allows you to tell your stories in words and photos.

Now for a look at the coolest part of this page! Here it is:

I added a QR code to my digital page! Yes, I did! Open your QR reader on your smart phone, and watch Peter watch a shipwreck! (There are several free QR reader apps available for smart phones.)

How cool is this?? I have linked a video onto “paper”!! I printed this page for my album, and I was able to scan the code on the paper and see the video just fine.

If I were an old person, I’d be flipping out with amazement here. In the olden days you didn’t see any "home" video unless your father had a video camera. They were huge and heavy. When lights were attached, those old cameras needed a forklift to hoist them up. Your dad’s back-breaking efforts would result in a video that was 3 minutes in length. In the really olden days the videos didn’t even have sound.

But now one of my kids (either Blake or Elisabeth in this case) can take a video on a phone and email it to me. Then I get a digital code and put the video right on a piece of paper! I can’t believe it!!! What will technology bring us next?? It’s just mind-blowing!! Well, it would be if I were an old person.

Do you want to add a QR code to your pages? Go here for the directions.

Thanks for visiting! Happy scrapping!

PS. To tell you the truth, I’m still amazed that I can send an email to a person in, say, Italy (Hi, Niki!) or Singapore (Hi, Leena!), and get an instant response (if they’re awake). We could also communicate via Facebook chat, FaceTime, Snapchat, text messaging, . .. I just love technology! 

PPS. Yes, it's very strange that I remember the date when I bought those jeans, when I can't remember what I did yesterday. I remember buying them because we were about to go on one of our family Disney adventures, and I think they were my first pair of non-mom jeans. Mom jeans were so bad. 

PPPS. I am linked up with The Mom Creative for Project Life Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment