seven-photo collage: Designs by Lili
I am now the proud owner of a Fitbit, too. More about that later.
Walk down Memory Lane: In the fall of 2012 I did a 12-week, online class with Becky Higgins entitled Project Real Life. At the time I was making digital scrapbook pages. They were usually rather intricate, and, therefore, time consuming. Each page told about one moment/event with only a few photos. Summary: I spent a lot of time without covering a lot of material.
True confessions: At first I thought the pocket style of scrapbooking looked rather plain. Also, it seemed too simple. Scrapbooking is my art. Aren't artists supposed to suffer? =) Sticking photos and cards into pockets and adding journaling was just too easy.
Reality moment: At some point during Becky's Project Real Life class I realized that in spite of spending tremendous amounts of time (and money) on my pages, I had been recording very little of my family's life. The important part for me is documenting family memories, not creating art. That's when I jumped on the Project Life bandwagon.
But wait! There's more. While I was taking the class, Becky put out a call to the worldwide scrapbooking (physical and digital) community for her 2013 PL Creative Team. I applied. Then I felt like a nitwit. Her 2012 team (the first PL team) was composed of some big names in the scrapbooking industry, like Ali Edwards and Cathy Zielske. Not only was I not famous, I was also relatively new to Project Life.
Happy moment: Imagine my surprise and joy when I was selected for the 2013 team. Want to know what I think my edge was over the 100s who weren't selected? I think it's age - not that I've acquired great wisdom or something with age. It's just that I have age. =) I prove that even old grandmothers like me can record memories with Project Life.
True confessions: At first I thought the pocket style of scrapbooking looked rather plain. Also, it seemed too simple. Scrapbooking is my art. Aren't artists supposed to suffer? =) Sticking photos and cards into pockets and adding journaling was just too easy.
Reality moment: At some point during Becky's Project Real Life class I realized that in spite of spending tremendous amounts of time (and money) on my pages, I had been recording very little of my family's life. The important part for me is documenting family memories, not creating art. That's when I jumped on the Project Life bandwagon.
But wait! There's more. While I was taking the class, Becky put out a call to the worldwide scrapbooking (physical and digital) community for her 2013 PL Creative Team. I applied. Then I felt like a nitwit. Her 2012 team (the first PL team) was composed of some big names in the scrapbooking industry, like Ali Edwards and Cathy Zielske. Not only was I not famous, I was also relatively new to Project Life.
Happy moment: Imagine my surprise and joy when I was selected for the 2013 team. Want to know what I think my edge was over the 100s who weren't selected? I think it's age - not that I've acquired great wisdom or something with age. It's just that I have age. =) I prove that even old grandmothers like me can record memories with Project Life.
Since PL started a few years ago, the vast number of participants have been young mothers. Now I'm seeing older mothers, even grandmothers, joining the bandwagon. I see pages done by teens, pre-teens, single gals, MEN, dogs, . . .. Just joking about that last one, but if Ellie Mae had opposable thumbs, I'll bet she could do Project Life. Her fingers are almost as long those of a human. And she's really smart, too.
So ends my Project Life 2013 adventure! This is my last time to use the "2013 Project Life CT" label on my post. Actually, I’m not totally done
with this year, because I have a few inserts to do. And I don’t think I finished the
pages from Destin in August . . ..
Thank you for joining me on my Project Life journey this year by reading my blog. I
sincerely hope I’ve inspired those of you who are fellow PLers in recording your memories. Perhaps I've provided a bit of entertainment for the rest of you, as I've recounted the good, the bad, and the humorous parts of my family life.
I'm very thankful for the new friends I've made through my blog (both scrapbookers and non-scrappers) and for all I've learned from other blogs. And I'm appreciate of my followers. You're THE BEST!
XO!
Donna
Next Post: Project Life 2014!
I'm very thankful for the new friends I've made through my blog (both scrapbookers and non-scrappers) and for all I've learned from other blogs. And I'm appreciate of my followers. You're THE BEST!
XO!
Donna
Next Post: Project Life 2014!









Oh, Donna, thank you SO much for the inspiration you provided! I was always happy when I saw a new post from you in my reader. I LOVE your style. And am so happy that you might continue with Project Life in 2014. I am terribly behind with my Project Life, I am to finish my 2012-album the next few weeks. :-)
ReplyDeleteThank YOU, Edith! I'm definitely continuing with PL in 2014. I'm working on it now! I hope you can finish 2012 quickly. Finishing 2013 seemed to take me forever!
DeleteLove how you used my freebie :)
ReplyDelete