2012-12-26

26 December 2012 — Project Real Life, Week 11


Week 11’s topic for Project Real Life was Memorializing the Past. I care about the past, because the past shapes the present and the future. I care about the past because, well, I’m nosey. I love to hear stories from the past, whether they’re about my family or my city or even someone else's family.

I like to repeat stories a lot, too, which is why I’ve considered assigning a number to each of my favorite family memories. Then as one surfaced in my brain, I could say, “I just thought of #11!” or, “I just thought of #234!” And everybody could laugh (if #11 and #234 are funny stories) and nod their heads in agreement.  

Problem with my number system: Is it too much to expect all family members to commit the numbers and accompanying stories to memory? Wait!! I could make an Excel spreadsheet! I love spreadsheets! I make them all the time.

So, I could make an Excel spreadsheet for my memories, and put it in the family Dropbox. Then when I say, “Number 11!”, each person in my vicinity could take whatever electronic device he/she is staring at and go to Dropbox to figure out why I’m laughing (or crying).

This could work! At any given moment, everyone in my family is likely to be connected to some electronic device. Even 2nd Peter has his own smart phone.

Oh, my scrapbook pages. So the pages below are not about what’s going on in my life right now, but they’re about random memories from 2012 that are important to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment