On Friday Michelle Shefveland sent an email
to her Cottage Arts Creative Team about this new kit that was in the store and
ready for our scrapping pleasure:
If you're not familiar with digital scrapbooking kits, the image above probably looks like a mess. It's a kit preview showing most, if not all, of what's in the kit. That includes papers, elements (frames, the music note, etc.), word art, and sometimes an alphabet of individual letters.
About the same time Elisabeth sent me some cute photos of my favorite grandson 2nd Peter, including this one:
Perfect timing—a kit and a photo to make a
scrapbooking page. However, . . .
The kit is about The
Nutcracker, and it's not very masculine. The photos of Peter are quite colorful. (And he’s got
drool on the upper side of his face. How is that possible?)
This kit and this photo probably don’t seem like
the basis for a good layout. The colors of the two don’t work well together, and typically
little boys don’t dream about being Clara, the lead ballerina in The
Nutcracker.
However, we have a favorite family story
about 2nd Peter’s father Blake and the movie version of The
Nutcracker. Suffice it to say he did not enjoy it.
I took the photo above and converted it to black and white so the colors in it wouldn’t detract from the page. (And I removed the drool.) Then I added various papers and elements from Michele’s kit. That involved resizing, recoloring, blending, and other fun Photoshop tricks and techniques that end in –ing. A little journaling was added below the photo (like anyone in the family could forget the Blake incident).
I took the photo above and converted it to black and white so the colors in it wouldn’t detract from the page. (And I removed the drool.) Then I added various papers and elements from Michele’s kit. That involved resizing, recoloring, blending, and other fun Photoshop tricks and techniques that end in –ing. A little journaling was added below the photo (like anyone in the family could forget the Blake incident).
Voilà! Here’s the final result:
I love preserving
family memories. Maybe one day Peter will see this page and ask his dad about
the story. On second thought I think he’ll hear it every year at Christmas time,
whenever anyone mentions The Nutcracker in Blake’s presence.


I love the photo of 2P. Amanda used to scooch up into the corner of her crib like that! He head would be pushed up into the side!
ReplyDeleteAnd of course your layout is wonderful....but I already told you that!
ReplyDelete