(In other words, making pages using the Project Life method . . . sorta)
Here is my two-page spread for Week 17 of my 2015 Project
Life/pocket page album:
Most word art is by Ali Edwards, whose stuff
is available here.
Let me address the subtitle first. Here’s the back story (as it's cool to say now): I have a ton
of photos for this week (nothing new there). And for some reason I feel
compelled to tell the story behind every single photo I use.
After drastically narrowing down the number of photos to use, I opened
two copies of Template A* (one for each side of this week’s two-page spread), added the
photos, and told the stories. Then I sat back and looked at the two pages.
Look at them above. There is no room whatsoever for any embellishments,
like flair or washi tape or fancy labels or flowers . . .. I guess technically the
arrow is an embellishment, but no elements were added just for decoration, which
is my definition of an embellishment.
What do you know?! I did this week according to the basic Project Life method, which is to put
photos and cards into pockets (on physical pages) or onto templates (for
digital pages), and then add journaling. Okay, I did the basic PL method with
overkill. Major overkill. That’s just my style. I did save time by not using embellishments.
If you want to get more pages done in less time, use the PL method with fewer photos and
less journaling than I did. In other words, don’t copy my style.
Here is a closer look at the left side of Week 17:
Here is a closer look at the right side of Week 17:
A side note: Bloom,
the kit I used this week, included almost no embellishments. No money wasted
there. =) Bloom doesn't have a lot of color either, just pink, orange, and gray.
Thanks for visiting
my blog, and thanks in advance for any comments you leave. Enjoy your life and
record it! ALL lives are worth recording.
(Some photos are
blurred for privacy.)
Template A is available here for free!



No comments:
Post a Comment