During Week 16 eleven of the thirteen in our family were in our house. The result was several hundred photos. Three of the thirteen were grandchildren. Need I say more?
On the main pages of Week 16 I summarized the week. I'm using inserts to highlight two parts of the week, featuring (surprise!) the grandkids.
Last year I started the ever-continuing process of making our playroom-turned-junk-room back into a playroom, one suitable for little kids, because right now the grandkids are ages 3, 2, and 1.
Since the two from Jacksonville stayed in our house for the whole week, they started and ended most days in the playroom. Here is the insert I did about that:
See the first photo on the second row, which shows my grandson flying out of the tent in the playroom. He couldn't wait to change out of his pajamas before running to the playroom each morning. Oh, to have that much energy upon awakening . . ..
Another fun thing for the kids was playing with bubbles on the deck. I got a giant bubble machine from Amazon. Money well spent. Here are the kids playing in the bubbles:
Note Ellie Mae is never far from the kids.
To make these inserts I used this DYY Template Builder 8.5x11 set by Lynn-Marie:
To quote Lynn-Marie, "This is a template building tool. It is a very large psd file with
coloured blocks that you can turn on and off according to the number of
photos you want, their size, and their positions." If you click on the link above, it will take you to a video explaining how it works. Very cool!
I added the background color and the drop shadows from the basic Project Life Template A to each insert page, so they will coordinate with the Week 16 pages. I'll place them back-to-back in an 8.5x11 page protector, and put the that in between the left and right sides of Week 16.
The color and word art on these insert pages are from Raine, the monthly Storyteller kit for April by
Just Jaimee, because that's the kit I used to make the Week 16 pages. I do like to coordinate!
Thanks for visiting
my blog, and happy scrapping! If you're not recording your life, why not? EVERY life matters.
(Some photos are
blurred for privacy.)



This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI want to play in GaGa'a playroom! How fun for your grandkids!
ReplyDeleteSorry for the comment removal. I had a typo that I didn't see until I published it.
Oh my goodness....I just wrote a lengthy post but then I had to log into google to post and whoosh...the post disappeared. Anyway, I basically said I did see your layouts while i was on the road and loved them all...just didn't do much commenting on blogs. My wifi in some areas was so spotty it just took too long. Outstanding layouts and so much fun!
ReplyDeleteMy 3 g-kids were here this morning and my goodness...it was chaos!!! And fun. But I did take a nap when they left!
Oh and the other thing I had tried to post is that I'm so envious you've gotten so much done this year. I have lost my PL mojo. I tried doing it on the road on my iPad but really that proved too time consuming for me. I gave up. I'm annoyed with myself over lack of effort but what should have been simple just didn't seem so at the end of the day. :( Maybe next time!
ReplyDelete