2015-09-11

Project Life 2015 – Week 18

Subtitle: Don't forget the small stuff!

I’m keeping this post short and simple (unlike my pages). No time for a lot of writing, because I’m about to hit the road again. Well, actually, I’m about to hit the air. =) This time I'm flying to New York City!

Here is my two-page spread for Week 18 of my 2015 Project Life/pocket page album:
main kit used: Hello Cutie, a newsletter freebie* by Amy Wolff at The Lilypad
main source of word art: Ali Edwards

Here is a closer look at the left side of Week 18:

Here is a closer look at the right side of Week 18:

Oh, how I love the Project Life style of scrapbooking! If I were still doing an event-driven scrapbook, I probably wouldn't have used a single photo on these two pages. No big event worthy of scrapping took place this week, BUT lots of little things happened that I want to remember. 

Because of Project Life I'm recording the big stuff and the small stuff. You know what? I imagine it's the "little" things that my kids and grandkids will most enjoy seeing when they're older. Conversely, I'm fairly sure my kids will not be enamored with the zillions of photos I have of them opening presents on their birthdays and Christmas.

Thanks, Becky Higgins, for teaching me that everything about life matters, and for giving me a means of documenting it all.

Thanks, blog followers (all several of you), for stopping by! Enjoy your life and record it! ALL lives are worth recording that includes of aspects of your life. 

(Some photos are blurred for privacy.)

*Many designers offer freebies suitable for Project Life albums via blogs, newsletters, fan pages on Facebook, and such. Google to find them and sign up to get the freebies.

7 comments:

  1. Look what happens when life gets in the way and I forget to drop by for a while. You post two weeks!!! Two fabulous layouts (with or without embellishments). Love your storytelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I have just discovered your blog and I LOVE your PL style. I liked your week/date style so much I purchased the files on etsy. The problem is I am a photoshop elements newbie and I cannot for the life of me get the date to layer transparently over the picture. Suggestions? Sorry if that is asking a bit much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin and thanks for your sweet reply! Actually I don't make the week/date thing transparent. I just put it on top of my photo. Since they are each a PNG element (not a JPG), they have transparent backgrounds automatically. You can lower the opacity of the layer in PSE if you want some of your photo to show through.

      Becky Higgins has a new video on YouTube about using digital templates in Photoshop Elements. It's here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAu_tFY5aVQ&feature=em-subs_digest. Since you're a newbie, you might learn a lot from it. In fact, there are LOTS of PSE videos on YouTube!

      Hope this helps!
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Missing your posts, Donna. Hope all is well with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Pat! You are so sweet to check on me! I'm fine, thank you! From April to the end of this month I will have had seven visits from our out-of-town kids. I traveled to see all of them (one set twice) for a total of 15 flights. And hubby and I spent a month on the beach. AND I've undertaken a few projects around the house.

      I miss scrapbooking so much!! I hope my life settles way down at the beginning of the year, and I can get back to my computer.

      Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!!

      Delete